1. White terrorists are called “gunmen.” What does that even mean? A person with a gun? Wouldn’t that be, like, everyone in the US? Other terrorists are called, like, “terrorists.”
2. White terrorists are “troubled loners.” Other terrorists are always suspected of being part of a global plot, even when they are obviously troubled loners.
3. Doing a study on the danger of white terrorists at the Department of Homeland Security will get you sidelined by angry white Congressmen. Doing studies on other kinds of terrorists is a guaranteed promotion.
4. The family of a white terrorist is interviewed, weeping as they wonder where he went wrong. The families of other terrorists are almost never interviewed.
5. White terrorists are part of a “fringe.” Other terrorists are apparently mainstream.
6. White terrorists are random events, like tornadoes. Other terrorists are long-running conspiracies.
7. White terrorists are never called “white.” But other terrorists are given ethnic affiliations.
8. Nobody thinks white terrorists are typical of white people. But other terrorists are considered paragons of their societies.
9. White terrorists are alcoholics, addicts or mentally ill. Other terrorists are apparently clean-living and perfectly sane.
10. There is nothing you can do about white terrorists. Gun control won’t stop them. No policy you could make, no government program, could possibly have an impact on them. But hundreds of billions of dollars must be spent on police and on the Department of Defense, and on TSA, which must virtually strip search 60 million people a year, to deal with other terrorists."
Juan Cole, 08/09/2012
Juan Cole actually wrote this 4 days after a white terrorist, yes, terrorist, murdered 6 and injured 4 people at a Sikh gurdwara in Wisconsin. The terrorist who committed said crime spoke of an impending “racial holy war” beforehand and was a member of white supremacist/neo-Nazi hate groups.
Glenn Broadnax, a 35-year-old black man from Brooklyn, was unarmed on the night of September 14 when NYPD officers shot at him in the middle of Times Square, striking two bystanders.
Instead of apologizing, the New York Times reports that the city has charged Broadnax ”with assault, on the theory that he was responsible for bullet wounds suffered by two bystanders.”
Broadnax was emotionally disturbed and dodging cars in the middle of the street when officers say he reached into his pocket to grab what they believed was a weapon, prompting them to open fire. His lawyers says he was reaching for his wallet.So, because the NYPD is made up of trigger happy, crappy marksmen who fire at unarmed black people with impunity, Broadnax might spend up to 25 years in prison on trumped up assault charges, which the Manhattan district attorney insisted on.… Meanwhile, the two cops who did the shooting are on desk duty pending an investigation. If the past is any indication, that means they will be back on the streets in no time.
from nytimes: Mariann Wang, a lawyer representing Sahar Khoshakhlagh, one of the women who was wounded, said the district attorney should be pursuing charges against the two officers who fired their weapons in a crowd, not against Mr. Broadnax. “It’s an incredibly unfortunate use of prosecutorial discretion to be prosecuting a man who didn’t even injure my client,” she said. “It’s the police who injured my client.”
"When he reached into his pants pocket [for his wallet], two officers…opened fire, missing Mr. Broadnax, but hitting two nearby women. ‘The defendant is the one that created the situation that injured innocent bystanders,’ said an assistant district attorney, Shannon Lucey."
are you serious????
Basically, they’re charging him with not taking the bullet himself.
the bold tho
When he takes his dick out of your mouth for a second
Kicking Horse Residence Bohlin Cywinski Jackson
"Situated at the base of a resort in the Canadian Rocky Mountains, this 3,500 sq. ft. residence is a weekend gathering place for an active family of five. The house is composed of two primary elements: a dense bar along the northern edge of the site containing the sleeping and bath spaces, and an open shell with living and dining spaces oriented toward the extraordinary mountain views. A central stair volume links these two forms, with the main entrance at the lower level and an upper landing for ski access on the west side.”
Perfect for a ski house…
"You’re like the whitest black person I know"
"I don’t even see you as black"
"Haha your’re an Oreo get it"
"You don’t talk ghetto like other black people, you speak proper English"
"I didn’t know you were smart!"
ugh, get this all the time…
The worst I hear it too much … The way I act does no define my blackness
Skin lightening advertising from across the world. No matter where you go, lightness is a hot commodity.
Ebony to ivory hit the hardest… See how even her natural hair changed too?? We need to learn to love ourselves!!
This is sad